Thursday, February 7, 2008

Demonic attack or Sleep Paralysis?


I started this blog after I received the following email from Miguel, my 22 year old son, sent at 2 am.

Sleep paralysis is a condition in which someone, most often lying in a supine (face up) position, about to drop off to sleep, or just upon awaking from sleep realizes that s/he is unable to move, or speak, or cry out. This may last a few seconds or several moments, occasionally longer. People frequently report feeling a 'presence' that is often described as malevolent, threatening, or evil. An intense sense of dread and terror is very common. The presence is likely to be vaguely felt or sensed just out of sight but thought to be watching or monitoring, often with intense interest, sometimes standing by, or sitting on the bed. On some occasions, the presence may attack, strangling and exerting crushing pressure on the chest.

In the dark depths of the middle of the night you are awakened suddenly with a feeling of evil surrounding you, you can't breathe and your chest is heavy, is someone pressing down on you or trying to suffocate you?
To your horror you can't move, something is holding you down! You think you can hear voices and see a dark shadowy figure swooping around your bed...are you being visited by Demons or are you merely suffering an episode of Sleep Paralysis?

this may seem a little over the top but all of this has happened to me and most of the time its not too bad, but it can be really creepy. it just feels like there is something evil in the room and that u wont make it out alive, and it really doesn't help that u cant move. lol anyways I'm going to try to go back to bed sorry for bothering you with this. I was just wanting to know if this has ever happened to u?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it did happened once to me. I was having a terrible nightmare about 'frozen' demons, and all of the sudden, I woke up, and found that I couldn't move at all!!! Weird!!! I tried to shout but, it didn't work, only after like 2min. then I'm able to regain my movement and voice.LOL!!!